Guidelines for Using HealthLab Trademarks and Copyrights
These guidelines are for HealthLab licensees, authorized resellers, developers, customers, and other parties wishing to use HealthLab’s trademarks, service marks or images in promotional, advertising, instructional, or reference materials, or on their web sites, products, labels, or packaging. Use of the HealthLab Logo for commercial purposes without the prior written consent of HealthLab may constitute trademark infringement and unfair competition in violation of federal and state laws. Use of HealthLab trademarks may be prohibited, unless expressly authorized.
If you are a licensee of a HealthLab trademark or logo and have been provided with special trademark usage guidelines with your license agreement, please follow those guidelines. If your license agreement does not provide usage guidelines, then follow these guidelines. If you are a HealthLab Authorized Reseller or member of a HealthLab program, you may be subject to additional restrictions.
HealthLab’s trademarks, service marks, trade names, and trade dress are valuable assets. In following these guidelines, you help us protect our valuable trademark rights and strengthen our corporate and brand identities. By using a HealthLab trademark, in whole or in part, you are acknowledging that HealthLab is the sole owner of the trademark and promising that you will not interfere with HealthLab’s rights in the trademark, including challenging HealthLab’s use, registration of, or application to register such trademark, alone or in combination with other words, anywhere in the world, and that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any HealthLab trademark. The goodwill derived from using any part of a HealthLab trademark exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to HealthLab. Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these Guidelines, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please talk to your HealthLab representative or submit your query to HealthLab.
Authorized Use of HealthLab Trademarks
1. Advertising, Promotional, and Sales Materials:Only HealthLab and its authorized resellers and licensees may use the HealthLab Logo in advertising, promotional, and sales materials. Such authorized parties may use the HealthLab Logo only as specified in their agreement with HealthLab and any associated Guidelines and such use must always be in conjunction with the appropriate terms that define the relationship authorized by their contract with HealthLab. For example:
Authorized Value Added Reseller
Authorized Service Provider
2. Compatibility:Developers may use HealthLab or any other HealthLab word mark (but not the HealthLab Logo or other HealthLab-owned graphic symbol/logo) in areferential phraseon packaging or promotional/advertising materials to describe that the third party product is compatible with the referenced HealthLab product or technology, provided they comply with the following requirements.
a. The HealthLab word mark is not part of the product name.
b. The HealthLab word mark is used in a referential phrase such as “runs on,” “for use with,” “for,” or “compatible with.”
c. The HealthLab word mark appears less prominent than the product name.
d. The product is in fact compatible with, or otherwise works with, the referenced HealthLab product.
e. The reference to HealthLab does not create a sense of endorsement, sponsorship, or false association with HealthLab or HealthLab products or services.
f. The use does not show HealthLab or its products in a false or derogatory light.
3. Publications, Seminars, and Conferences:You may use a HealthLab word mark in connection with book titles, magazines, periodicals, seminars, or conferences provided you comply with the following requirements:
a. The use is referential and less prominent than the rest of the title. Acceptable: XYZ CONFERENCE for HealthLab Data Lake Engine Users.
b. The use reflects favorably on both HealthLab and HealthLab products or technology.
c. Your name and logo appear more prominent than the HealthLab word mark on all printed materials related to the publication, seminar or conference.
d. The HealthLab logo or any other HealthLab-owned graphic symbol, logo, icon or image does not appear on or in the publication or on any materials related to the publication, seminar, or conference without express written permission from HealthLab.
e. A disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement by HealthLab, similar to the following, is included on the publication and on all related printed materials: “(Title) is an independent (publication) and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by HealthLab Inc.”
f. A trademark attribution notice is included in the credit section giving notice of HealthLab’s ownership of its trademark(s). Please refer to the section below titled “Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution.”
4. Web Sites:Web sites that serve only as noncommercial electronic informational forums concerning a HealthLab product or technology may use the appropriate HealthLab word mark, provided such use complies with the guidelines set forth in Section 3 above.
Unauthorized Use of HealthLab Trademarks
1. Company, Product, or Service Name:You may not use or register, in whole or in part,any HealthLab trademark, including HealthLab-owned graphic symbols, logos, icons, or an alteration thereof, as or as part of a company name, trade name, product name, or service name except as specifically noted in these guidelines.
2. HealthLab Logo and HealthLab-owned Graphic Symbols:You may not use the HealthLab Logo or any other HealthLab-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon on or in connection with web sites, products, packaging, manuals, promotional/advertising materials, or for any other purpose except pursuant to an express written trademark license from HealthLab, such as a reseller agreement.
3. Variations, Takeoffs or Abbreviations:You may not use an image of a variation of the HealthLab logo for any purpose. Third parties cannot use a variation, phonetic equivalent, foreign language equivalent, takeoff, or abbreviation of a HealthLab trademark for any purpose.
4. Disparaging Manner:You may not use a HealthLab trademark or any other HealthLab-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon in a disparaging manner.
5. Endorsement or Sponsorship:You may not use any HealthLab trademark, including HealthLab-owned graphic symbols/logos, or icons, in a manner that would imply HealthLab’s affiliation with or endorsement, sponsorship, or support of a third party product or service.
6. Merchandise Items:You may not manufacture, sell or give-away merchandise items, such as T-shirts and mugs, bearing HealthLab or any other HealthLab trademark, including symbols, logos, or icons, except pursuant to an express written trademark license from HealthLab.
7. HealthLab’s Trade Dress:You may not imitate the distinctive HealthLab packaging, web site design, logos, or typefaces.
8. Slogans and Taglines:You may not use or imitate a HealthLab slogan or tagline.
9. Domain Names:You may not use an identical or virtually identical HealthLab trademark as a second level domain name.
Rules for Proper Use of HealthLab Trademarks
1.Trademarks are adjectives used to modify nouns; the noun is the generic name of a product or service.
2.As adjectives, trademarks may not be used in the plural or possessive form.
Correct: We offer two HealthLab compatible products.
Not Correct: We offer two HealthLabs.
3.Always spell and capitalize HealthLab’s trademarks. Do not shorten or abbreviate HealthLab product names. Do not make up names that contain HealthLab trademarks.
Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution
1. Distribution Within the United States Only
a. On product, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed only in the United States, use the appropriate trademark symbol (TM, SM, ®) the first time the HealthLab trademark appears in the text of the advertisement, brochure, or other material.
b. Include an attribution of HealthLab’s ownership of its trademarks within the credit notice section of your product, product documentation, or other product communication.
Following are the correct formats:
_________ and _______ are registered trademarks of HealthLab Inc.
_________ and _______ are trademarks of HealthLab Inc.
2. Distribution Outside the United States:
a. Do not use trademark symbols on products, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed outside the United States.
b. Use one of the following international credit notices:
_________ is a trademark of HealthLab Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions.
_________ is a trademark of HealthLab Inc.
Depictions of HealthLab Products
1. Endorsement or Sponsorship:HealthLab does not support the use of its logos, company names, product names, or images of HealthLab products by other parties in marketing, promotional or advertising materials as their use may create the perception that HealthLab endorses or sponsors the product, service or promotion.
2. Compatibility:If you are a developer, you may show an image of a HealthLab product in your promotional/advertising materials to depict that your product is compatible with, or otherwise works with, the HealthLab products or technologies, provided you comply with the following requirements:
a. Your product is in fact compatible with, or otherwise works with, the referenced HealthLab product.
b. The image is an actual photograph of the genuine HealthLab product and not an artist’s rendering (Note: You must obtain express written permission from HealthLab before using any photograph owned or licensed by HealthLab).
c. The HealthLab product is shown only in the best light, in a manner or context that reflects favorably on the HealthLab products and on HealthLab Inc.
d. The reference to HealthLab does not create a sense of endorsement or sponsorship by, or other false association with, HealthLab or HealthLab products.
For further information with respect to HealthLab’s copyrights, please submit your request in writing to email@example.com.